Based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Yaga is an Action RPG with a charming narrative exploring the enchanted world of slavic culture and folklore. Play as a one-handed blacksmith caught between the jealous Tzar giving impossible tasks and the ancient Witch protecting the supernatural world. The game takes place in the universe of Slavic folktales. It's a 14th century world as seen through the eyes of Eastern European peasants: filled with pagan belief, house spirits, unclean creatures, superstition and magic.
When we started brainstorming for ideas for a new game, we decided to mix our love for roguelikes with our love for narrative and choice based games. Then memories of fairy tales that brightened our childhoods started flowing - magical, charming, gloomy or funny, scary, moody, surprising or cruel. These were not your regular tales of Snow White and Little Red Riding Hood, but of Baba Yaga the witch, Koschei the Immortal and Vasilisa the Beautiful. Thus, Breadcrumbs was born to lead players into these worlds, and we decided Yaga would be our first game. With each piece of code, with each sketch and each brushstroke we felt our vision coming to life and we hope our passion managed to seep its way inside the game as well.
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of weapons and tools to aid you in your journeys.
- Building a reputation through roleplaying results in different interactions with villagers and NPCs, unlocking secrets, trading options, or bestowing game-changing curses or blessings upon the player character.
- Pagan beliefs and superstitions are key to unlocking hidden secrets, getting house spirits on your side, or avoiding the powerful curses of unclean creatures.
- Discover and combine lots of talismans and artifacts that change the player's abilities and gameplay
- Crossroads between levels allow the player to influence the difficulty, challenge and level generation of the game
- Unique Soundtrack featuring underground folklore band Subcarpati and their collaborators
Logo & Icon
- " Love the art style and appreciate how the game takes inspiration from Slavic Folklore. We need to see Baba Yaga and her hut in more games."
- "You have a really lovely art style going for you!"
- Tanya X Short,
- "This is Great! Moscow approves, Comrades!"
- "Really love the look of this! Would definitely play!"
Ivan's Story Comic
Available in comic form yaga-game.com.
Square Enix Collective
Campaign for getting feedback and support form the Square Enix Community collective.square-enix.com.
About Breadcrumbs Interactive
We are a games studio focused on creating worlds that you can get lost in.
More information on Breadcrumbs Interactive, our logo & relevant media are available here.